March reflection & April goals
Sunday, March 31, 2013
Reflection of March:
1. I have been active. I have been running 3 times each week (approx. 2 miles runs 2 x week and 1 longer 5 mile or so run).
2. I do Bikram yoga, walk, or swim on most non running days.
3. I walk an average of 10,000 steps each day tracked with Fitbit.
4. I have been sleeping 7-8 hours each night.
5. I registered for a 10K race in May and a sprint triathlon in October.
1. Too many dinners out.
2. Alcohol with weekend dinners out.
3. Not always tracking foods on food log.
1. My weight just keeps going up! I had set a goal to lose 2 lbs each month, but my weight is going up, not down! Uggggg.
Goals for April:
Focusing on weight has not been working for me. So, maybe I just need to stop thinking about the weight alone and I need to shift my focus to my food. Although most of my food choices are generally healthy, when I am not tracking, it is easy to eat too much. We often eat dinners out with friends on the weekends. My dinner out choices could be healthier or portioned smaller and the empty calories from alcohol add up.
1. Skip appetizers and choose healthy dinners when eating out.
2. Limit alcohol to 2 drinks each weekend.
3. Log all food.
4. Only weigh self once week. Stop focusing just on weight!
5. Continue to prepare for 10K on May 4th.
6. Continue to plan physical activity 5 days week.