For celebrating Cesar Chavez' birthday via your Google doodle.
See also: www.salon.com/2013/03/31
In related news, Ms. S. brought me home a stuffed Yoda with bunny ears ... I approve. Greatly.
And I snacked on actual Pop-TartsŪ for breakfast. An interesting treat ... and toasted! See, that toaster is good for something. Such as maiking toast.
It's Sunday. We have pizza and bad movies ahead of us. I'm not sure about the 'flavor' (style, toppings-arrangement, deliciousness-quotient) of the pizza, but I'm looking forward to it. Likewise I can't say exactly what we'll watch, as we've not decided, but I've made sure that several approximately 90-minute movies are available.
Sounds like four movies to me, does it not?
Perhaps some John Carpenter, or something with Michael Madsen in it. Or a Sci-Fi Original Movie (or whatever they're called) starring Don S. Davis ... there is much to like in this selection process.
Earlier in the day I had our writing group and while not everything went according to plan -- it never does! -- I got in the desired references to "Orphan Black", which looks to be quite entertaining ... assuming it doesn't get bogged down in its own mythology.
All of the Easter-ish stuff and treats and candy will soon be behind us, which means I need to get back to 'good' food (not just tasty stuff, like pizza ... mmm ... pizza), and I of course have my starter in the fridge. I'm thinking, another loaf of sourdough. But I'm feeling lazy ... so perhaps I should go the no-knead route:
- Easy No Knead Sourdough Bread www.themadfermentationis
- No-knead Sourdough Bread nourishedkitchen.com/no-
In the oven I have the last of Ms. S.'s grapes being turned into raisins:
- How to Make Your Own Healthy Tasty Raisins www.3fatchicks.com/how-t
- How To Make Raisins At Home www.slashfood.com/2006/0
- Yes, You Can Dry Fruit in the Oven! How To Dry Fruit Without a Dehydrator www.thekitchn.com/how-to
I need to look through the cupboards and see which legumes should be made into a big batch this week, possibly Ms. S.'s adzuki beans:
- Adzuki Beans www.adzuki.com/
- Learn how to cook beans from scratch (includes photos) www.vegancoach.com/how-t
- Simple Seasoned Aduki Beans www.healthygreenkitchen.
And now? Tea, beer ... pizza and chocolate?