I am losing about 2 ounces a week. Granted, that's better than gaining. But I want to get more serious. March has been a month of hard work for me and now that April is just about here, my job will ramp down a bit.
My goals in no particular order for April:
1) Start getting serious about the Beck Diet Solution by Judith S. Beck. I think if I can spend at least a few minutes a day thinking about this I should know by the end of the month if I want to do it.
2) Continue doing exercise DVDs at home to augment my gym workouts and my walking.
3) Try to spend time picking up more healthy recipes. I am not bored with the food I eat, but now that there will be an influx of seasonal vegetables and fruits, it's time to do more. I have a New Mediterranean Diet Cookbook from the library and I want to try a few recipes.
4) Keep up my Sparking. When I spend time Sparking, I spend time thinking about health, fitness, diet, and nutrition.
5) Become a real person here. I know that sounds a bit strange. I am a little reserved and withdrawn here. I have, since I was about 2 or 3 years old, kept the "real me" a bit secretive. Why? I think that I am hardly unique and barely interesting, yet I feel out of step, out of place, with a lot of people. I'm a palimpsest covered with many many layers of self-defense, irony, sardonicism, ersarz intellectualism, etc. Sometimes I want to be accepted so badly that I suppress what seems real and authentic to me in order to "fit in".
6) End up BLC-21 with a great record and try to help my team, the Violet Venuses, finish strong.