As part of our challenge this weekend, we are to blog about what our plans are for the BLC break which begins April 11 and goes through June 4th.
1. Drink 10-12 glasses of water per day. **
2. Eat 5 servings of fruits and veggies.
3. Limit carbs (white pasta, rice, potatoes, and breads) Eat whole grain instead.
4. Cardio 30 minutes at least 3x per week. Sun, Tues, and Saturday
5. Strength training 3x per week. Mon-upper, Wed-lower, and Fri-core.
6. Thursday is my rest day.
7. I would like to lose 5 lbs and will continue to weigh-in on Wednesdays.
April 10th - 173.4
April 17th - 171.6 (-1.8)
April 24th - 172.4 (+0.8)
May 1st - 172.6 (+0.2)
May 8th - 172.0 (-0.6)
May 15th - 171.2 (-0.8)
May 22nd - 169.0 (-2.2)
May 29th - 173.0 (+4.0)
June 5th - 175.8 (+2.8) OY!!!!
8. Continue to check-in daily with my Sparkteams.
9. Remember to make time each day for "ME". Even 10 minutes a day will help to relieve stress and/or anxiety.
10. Update this blog each week with my progress.
** Have read "The Plan" by Lyn-Genet Recitas, who says "For weight loss, it is essential to drink approximately half your body weight in water each day (for me that means 87 ounces). If you have even one glass less than your daily allotment, you'll see it show up on the scale. For every sixteen ounces less than your body needs, it will hold on to half a pound."
This intrigues me.....So I have started incorporating this into my day beginning today (March 31st).
First week...went well
Second week...not so good..need to watch those carb cravings
Third week...not so good...finding it hard to limit white carbs. Seem to keep falling back on the foods that are easy to make and kids will eat.
Fourth week...been ill with allergy related asthma and other health problems so have fallen off track with exercising, eating healthy, and drinking water. I have not given up though and that's what counts....
Fifth week....same thing still struggling with the allergy-related asthma, shortness of breath, and now an ear infection. On several medications and still no energy to exercise without feeling like I can't breathe.
Sixth week....starting to feel a bit better. Still not up to doing cardio....
Seventh week...not a good week. Too much stress and emotional eating. Let carbs and chips overtake me.....need to re-think what I am doing and hopefully get back on track eating healthy foods.
Eighth week...this has not been a good challenge time for me. too much going on with jobs ending and possibly moving this summer. The unknown is giving me stress and still emotionally eating...... need to get a grip.....