March - Monthly Recap
Sunday, March 31, 2013
This month was awesome! Here is some of the awesomeness:
- Had my first CrossFit workout with my Coach on March 2nd where I was only able to complete 2.5 minutes and really thought I was dying!
- By Workout #11 on March 25 I was able to do 12 minutes of constant work!! and thought now THIS is living!
- I completed every planned workout and gave it 100% (even when I didn't feel like it)
- Ate according to my plan every single day except for one planned "free" day to celebrate my birthday
- Made decisions and followed through, i.e. decided I needed to up my activity the last week of March by doing a planned workout of at least 30 minutes 5 out of 7 days .. and I did it!!
So what do the numbers show?
I'm down 12.2lbs and 3.25 inches overall this month... and I also hit the 25lbs milestone a couple of days ago and got this from FitBit
Week one - down 5
Week two - down 2
Week three - down 2
Week four - down 3
The cool thing was that going into week four I KNEW if I didn't up my activity I wouldn't meet my goal of 3 lbs that week. I upped my activity and I weighed daily.. mmmm no change.. it wasn't until Friday the scale finally reflected the first lb, Saturday the second lb and then this morning the 3 lb. I never lost faith though because I knew I was doing what I needed to do and my body would catch up eventually. I'm finding (for me) weighing daily is actually helping me learn about how my body responds to foods, activity, hormones.. it's interesting.
Here's my deficit between calories in and calories out.. notice the "free" day.. hehehe
and my overall calorie burn
It was a great month! Doin' the happy dance... WOOT WOOT.
138 days til Africa
60lb goal and 44 to go!