Advertisement -- Learn more
about ads on this site.
Saturday, March 30, 2013
I'm still having trouble staying away from sugar. I know it makes my joints hurt and adds calories but still am eating some. I will try to not eat any at least for 5 days. Then go from there.
Member Comments About This Blog Post
Sugar is my food weakness too. It's tough! Sometimes just telling myself, "I'm not going to have this RIGHT NOW, but another time" will let me ride out the craving. I do allow myself a monthly treat, whatever I want - no guilt. I do have tiny bits of sugar here and there but not my trigger foods - chocolate or cookies. So far it's helping. If it's not in the house it's much harder to eat! Good luck!
1307 days ago
Wishing you relief.
1307 days ago
I have big sugar cravings too. I find that the following helps me eat less sugar:
1) eating breakfast,
2) eating at least 25g of fiber/day,
3) meeting my minimum protein requirement
4) drinking my minimum water requirement
5) EVERY time you eat/drink something, say to yourself "I CHOOSE to eat/drink this" to remind yourself that you are always in charge of what goes into your body. No need to feel guilt about what you're actually eating, just acknowledge it. Science has proven that this helps you eat healthier.
6) Interesting article:http://www.nowloss.com/natu
#3 and #4 are important because sometimes your brain signals your body that you need carbs/sugar when you're actually dehydrated or not getting enough protein.
1308 days ago
Disclaimer: Weight loss results will vary from person to person. No individual result should be seen as a typical result of following the SparkPeople program.