Wednesday, March 27, 2013
I read about these five tips for getting more exercise in an article from Harvard School of Medicine.
1. Choose things you like to do. Lots of different things count as exercise such as dancing, walking, gardening, basketball, Select anything that get you moving.
2. Try a pedometer to help you keep track of how active you are. Build up to 7,000 steps a day. SP suggests 10,000.
3. Piece your workouts together at different times. Instead of all together exercise 10 minutes morning, noon and night. You can get the same benefits as 30 minutes all at once.
4. Exercise with a friend. Find someone who will motivate you to get out the door.
5. Take lunch on the move. Grab a quick meal then hit the gym or go for a walk with coworkers