Tuesday, March 26, 2013
I may be a day or two behind but I remain focused on the road ahead. This weeks goals have touched me and effected me enough to start putting together next month's weekly goals. I am excited for the next month, but I remain grounded to March.
March 2013 - last week of the month!
1) consistency - review of my Spark Streaks shows that despite a few off days earlier in the month, I remain above 90%.
- Log in and spin - current 13 days longest 31 days consistency 48/53 days = 91%
- Exercise > 90 minutes/wk. current streak 11 weeks Consistency 11/11 weeks = 100%
(I think I need to increase the minutes in April to at least 120)
- 8 cups of water/day current streak 13days longest streak 28 days consistency 66/72 days=92%
So I think I did good this month with consistency!
2) Increase walking speed per 5K my way - Here I didn't do as well. I am still walking. Working on my speed, but I lost ground after my brief illness and I am still working to make it up. I haven't completed week 5 yet. I will finish it this week.
3) This remains on hold until I fully complete the 5k my way program.
4) Strength training. I am continuing to do strength training at home with bands. I have done some circuit training this week. It has been too long since I did circuit training it is as if I was starting from the beginning. I need to work on this.
5) Verse if the week: One of my all time favorites. Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Him that strengthens me.
I love this verse. I gives me the motivation and support when I am in the most doubt. I can do it! I will do it!
6) I have completed the tame your sweet tooth challenge! Whoo hoo! Now if I keep practicing the things I learned here I may beat it completely!
So, in a nut shell. Even though the road was a little bumpy, I am pleased with my progress. I may have regain a few pounds this past week but the lesson learned are mind blowing. I feel that considering that I have only been using Spark People for a little over two months, I have grown in so many ways. I couldn't express all the changes, but the most significant to me is that I have learned to love myself again and my friends and family have told me how much I have changed for the better. I am getting back into the loving, caring, fun and happy me once again. It amazes me how little you can care for others if you don't care for your self first!!
Thanks to all of my virtual friends and family and to the program itself for bringing me back to the person I once was that I cared for and loved, as well as loving me no matter what even if I did poorly. I have learned so much from you all and I am in that "Happy Place" once more!