Good Morning Sparkers!
A sunshiney morning it is! This beautiful Tuesday. And... I'm not really sure what to blog about.... I guess this blog will be another randomness one... I'm feeling a little ADD so... here we goooooooo!!!!
Thoughts thus far -
1. so yesterday I got offered a second job working at Michael's Arts & Crafts as a cashier. It's only like 15 hours a week. At first, I thought it would be a good fit, something extra for us, something that would help us out for the next month or so until my car is paid off. Well, after talking more to my husband, I don't think I"m going to take the position. With my full time job already somewhere in the 40-45 hours per week, which I honestly love, and my desire to NOT stress out, I think it just might be too much on my plate. The last time I worked two jobs was when I was starting in college - I was about 18, and I needed the extra money and flexible hours. Now, yes the money would be nice, not gonna lie there... but there isn't this huge NEED for it. We are making it by, not great, financially. So there is that. For now, I am not going to make any rash decisions and just let the chips fall as they may for a few days.
2. I am also really really good at killing house plants. Last spring I bought five houseplants, I did the research and found they remove a ton of crap floating around in your air in your home..... as of today - I have one.... let's home he can fight my black thumbs and keep on keeping on!
3. I'm trying to ween myself off of caffeine - MAN OH MAN THATS HARD! I'm slowly down to about a cup a day.... but after a horrible migraine, I caved and had a cup today after trying to give it up cold turkey.
4. I have a really hard time making new friends.... and it seems like it's only getting harder as I get older. I try. I really do. Even my husbands friends wives who I don't know that well.... my best friend is actually on tour in afghanistan right now and I miss her like crazy cause we're always on spark, always were emailing and texting and she's my best friend since we were about 14. Granted, we've not talked for years at a time, but when we start back up, it's like we never left off.... that's now I know she's my best friend for life. I can't wait until she's back in the states and we can plan a trip. Especially cause this time it may be me who heads out to Tennessee! Watch out midwesterners!
5. I'm totally meal prepping right now. Got a ton of boneless skinless chicken breast in the oven, brown rice in the steamer, and veggies to dice and slice. If I plan everything, it's less stressful for me.
6. I fear I may go crazy in this house by myself the rest of the week. I'm only on day two of this week, and my hubby is off from his side jobs the rest of the week, so I NEED TO GET OUTSIDE.
7. My pitbull does nothing but whines when my husband isn't here. I fear I may also get a brain tumor by the end of the week.
8. My husband has been on the fitness track also - but it's hard because men do this whole cutting and bulking thing.... and women, well, I don't bulk.... let's just say that. Since he has been doing to the gym for about two months now, I can already see a huge difference in his stance, his shoulders, and his attitude.... all for the better. I can't wait until I can join his gym membership in a few months and get to lifting BIG GIRL weights too!
9. Nothing changes unless you do. This is my mantra. Seriously.
10. I also REALLY REALLY REALLY HATE my bluetooth. Four days from today I will be 28.... and I don't really want gifts, but should anyone decide... something that won't plug into my ear/brain to talk to people would be awesome.