Monday, March 25, 2013
I’m not sure how I came across this blog originally. This guy is super into the Primal/Paleo lifestyle (which I find to be a bit TOO restrictive for my own tastes). More than that, he’s just into health. I can dig it. He shares recipes, success stories, links to great resources online… he’s kind of an overachiever.
It’s clear he spends a lot of time researching to support what he has to say (lots of hyperlinks to more awesome sources), and I like that he links to prior blog entries he’s written – makes it easy for me to get more info on the topics I am specifically interested in.
Anyway, he has written a few posts relevant to my problems with wheat:
- A good summary of why modern wheat is a problem.
- “Is Wheat Addictive?” – I don’t need concrete proof to know the answer to this, but there appears to be a lot of supporting evidence that I may not be alone in suffering from bagel withdrawal.
- Some insight into why it’s difficult for us to do something right now that’s in the best interest for our future selves, with some references about wheat and sugar addiction. He also discusses fear of social isolation for NOT taking part in certain food choices – interesting from my standpoint as I do have social anxiety, but have never made a connection with my eating choices and being excluded from a group. In fact, I wish I cared more about what people think about what I ate!
- And my favorite – “Why Grains are Unhealthy.”
This one is helpful because he offers alternatives for finding those important micronutrients I reference in Wheat's Defense - wheatontrial.wordpress.c
– although he paints a rather awful picture of what fiber does to your intestinal lining. Ew.