Sunday, March 24, 2013
I'm not having a very good weekend. It's been stressful, and my ability to resist my own self-sabotage has apparently hit the floor.
No, I'm not flagellating myself for this, more just reporting it for accountability purposes.
There's a few factors at play here, and I'll start from least important to most.
1) My scale is broken. I can't replace it right now, but I had to throw it away because my idiotic cat knocked it off. Don't worry, I didn't kill the cat, although the thought crossed my mind. I can still measure (and do) but I'm frustrated because I"m having to eyeball my portions, and I don't like it.
2) The kids have been running amok because it's been raining. I'm normally the sort of mom that banishes them to the outside on active days.
3) Spring break started. I don't get a kid-break for a week. I am dreading this summer. Next week we are stupidly busy, to the point where we opted to stay home from church and other activities today as a rest day to prepare for the blitz of activity next week.
4) As I detailed in my previous blog, work has been INSANE. The worst seems to be over, but I do have to be vigilant and make sure that these kids are safe and have someone to talk to.
5) I have been mostly alone, because my husband's grandmother has been in the hospital in critical condition, and he's been with her. I DO NOT begrudge him this, nor do I blame him, but it just makes things harder to deal with. I think a lot of my good behavior is to set a good example for him. ;) When he's not around, there's only myself to impress! And I'm a terrible audience.
I reached for an old trigger snack for me, lays cheddar chips and jalapeno cheddar dip. Ick. I have stayed away from it, because I know I can't control myself, but t his time, I did it.
And ate the whole can. ;) The good thing is, it' the dip I crave, not the chips, but this is not something I should bring in my house. I'm not a fan of deprivation, but this isn't something I can control.
No, I'm not really seeking advice. I know where to go from here. I have a plan, and I'm back on it today. I just get annoyed at myself when I do this. So I figure posting it here will help keep me accountable, and remind you guys that I may be brilliant, but I ain't perfect. ;)