The real reason why I want to lose weight.
Saturday, March 23, 2013
It is easy to say "I want to lose weight", "I want to be healthy", "I want to weigh less" but that doesn't give me much motivation or determination. Of course I want to lose weight, I certainly don't want to gain any. But has that helped me so far in my journey to healthiness? Not especially.
I am reading The Spark and I have subscribed to Spark Coach and one of the challenges they have put forth is to find the real reason I want to lose weight. So here goes:
1. I want to go out dancing and not get winded or feel my fat jiggling. I love to dance, I love music and I just feel so free and happy when I am dancing. But not lately because all I can think about is how fat I am and how I can't do "that move" anymore. I just want to feel free to feel the music and express it the way my body wants to.
2. I want to join a yoga class. I want to be able to be flexible and touch my toes. I want to feel my muscles stretch and get stronger. I want to experience that peace of mind and ease in my soul after a great yoga session.
3. I want to meditate. Sure I meditate now, in a chair or on the couch. I want to be able to meditate sitting on the floor and not be thinking about how uncomfortable I am. I want to be able to cross my legs, I want to be able to get up off the floor with ease and grace.
4. I want to have sex. Sure I have sex now but it is bashful, shy and awkward sex. I want to be able to live in the moment and do what feels good without thinking about whether I can get into that position or not, or if I can get into that position can I get out of it? I want to feel sexy and look sexy.
5. I want to ride my bicycle! I want to ride my bike! BICYCLE! BICYCLE! Yes, I want to ride my damn bicycle. I don't drive and I have never felt as free as when I ride my bicycle. I have a dog now that loves to run and I want to teach him to run beside me and my bike!
6. I want to wear the clothes I want to wear. I want to wear skirts, dresses, blouses and all my dainty jewelry. I want to walk into a store and not have to immediately look for the largest size and hope that it fits me. I want to be a size 8/10. I want to wear that easy classic european style that really expresses who I am.
7. I want to be strong. I am strong on the inside. I have proven that to myself. I have battled myself emotionally and I am so proud to say I have won! I want that strength on the outside.
DANCE, practice YOGA, MEDITATE and ride my BICYCLE while wearing beautiful clothes on my STRONG and SEXY body!!!