Saturday, March 23, 2013
My goal is to list at least three blessings every day.
It was hard to find my blessings these last few days. It seems as if everyone I talked to was suffering. My friend learned that her mom had cancer. A parent (at school) who was supposed to have routine out patient surgery spent four days in the hospital, Her husband (a truck driver) lost a run a and a good part of his paycheck. A student's family learned that they must move this summer for dad's job. A co-worker had her taxes rejected. I have a hospital who keeps calling me about a bill. In all of this, I have cried, yelled at God, and felt helpless.
Not sure why, but today I feel okay. I believe that things will turn around. There is still good in the world. God will take care of my friends and me. The parent at school came home from the hospital last night. I have a payment plan for my bill. Life will be okay and then it will be great.
Here are today's blessings:
1. For the first time, I am able to go see my students play special olympics basketball. Today is the state meet and our school has four teams competing.
2. I watched a beautiful sunrise.
3. I feel renewed and ready to make positive changes in my life.
4. I feel loved and I know that I am blessed with more than I can count.
5. Family, friends, and faith.
Feel free to list your own blessings. Have a wonderful day!