That was scary...
Friday, March 22, 2013
Took my girls out for sushi last night, which is one of my favorite foods in the whole world. But as we were driving back home, my throat began to feel sore and tight and the inside of my mouth to burn, and I realized that something in the sushi we ate was cross-contaminated with shrimp or lobster.
I can eat any seafood or shellfish except shrimp and lobster, but those two definitely cause me problems. Fortunately, I recognized it right away and we were almost home. I took 4 Benadryl, and then an hour later two more, and an hour after that one more. I was a little loopy, but it managed the symptoms, and today I'm fine.
Still, from now on when I order sushi I will definitely mention the allergy issue and make sure the chefs don't cross-contaminate!