Wow what a crazy week I have had! I've had a difficult time staying on track this week and fell back on some old destructive binging habits....which leaves me feeling guilty and wondering "whatsup wit dat!" lol
The good thing as with most of us in most situations we usually know why we do what we do if we take the time to reflect , we have our own solutions...it's believing in our own ability to move forward and put plans into action that are most difficult.
Here is why I believe this week has been hard:
1. ROUTINE: I am a creature of routine and this week my husband is in Florida golfing...my whole routine is off...I have to check in everyday with the doggies so coming home at lunch time to feed them and play with them for a bit...Also last Saturday before he went away we went away for an overnight SPA get away at a beautiful INN...and well my thought was we are spending all that money ...I am going to enjoy myself...so I ate and ate and over indulged...then Sunday was St Paddy's day and we went out with friends....and well I over indulged AGAIN...and the rest of the week although each day started with good intentions ended with after work binges
2. EXERCISE: I started in February working out 30 minutes 5 x a week on my recumbent bike....in March I took it up to 40 minutes a day...and then the pain and numbness started in my hips...So I called my doctor last week and I will be going to see him next week....but in the meantime this week I have stopped exercising ( is this an excuse?) I am not sure...but I have been having some other symptoms and need to make sure there is nothing serious going on before stressing my hips...SO I have not been exercising this week....and the pain has stopped...( possibly it was just using muscles and joints I have not used in awhile ?)
3. STRESS: As you may know I am working towards a degree in Family supports at Ryerson University and well that plus work this week has been crazzzzyyyyyy....so I am sure it has contributed...I have always used food to distress and comfort which is weird because in the end it just causes more stress...vicious circle...
4. NOT SLEEPING: When I don't sleep I have no will power...so hopefully if I take care of the above I can sleep better...
5. I AM GETTING COMFORTABLE: you know whenever I begin losing weight I get to a place where I feel physically comfortable and for some reason my head and my body think " this is it I am done." I have never been less than 170 pounds in my adult life....so losing 38 pounds I am still a BIG woman....236....BUT how the hell can I be comfortable there? Well it is not 274 and I am not huffin and puffin and I can pretty much fit into all my old clothes so I feel good...BUT when I look at me I am still far far away from where I need to be so my work is no where near done...so I need to get "uncomfortable" again...and remind myself I am NO DONE....what I am feeling is just the beginning of how wonderful it will feel when I am able to shed this weight once and for all...
SO with all the above said...I know the solution lies within me and how badly I really want this...tracking my food, sticking to it, exercise, blogging and reading success stories for motivation...try and get more sleep and DON'T GIVE UP!
So my spark friends I need your support and your advice in anyway you can give it...because I know how easy it is to fall back onto old habits and I so don't want to go there....I have had the NSV ( non scale victories) and I WANT MORE!
Thanks for reading my rant LOL sometimes it helps just to write it all out! I hope you are all having a great FRIDAY!!