Thursday, March 21, 2013
I had a decent day today... until I got to my doctor's office.
1) I hate their scale. It's weighed me 5lbs heavier. WTF?!
2) I went in with a list of things to talk about. Told them about this list when I scheduled the appt. I was then told by the medical assistant that I could only pick two to talk to him about. Ummm... no, I'm not scheduling a bunch of appointments to talk about things that will take two minutes.
3) When I mention chest pain that ISN'T heartburn, you'd think they'd look into that just a little more.
4) I told them I was quitting smoking on April 1st. I told them I wanted to make a plan, including medications and nicotine replacement therapy. The doctor said he was prescribe me these things when I come back in. Guess what? I'm going back in April 4th. I also know from previous attempts that Wellbutrin needs to be started at least a week before quitting. So, basically, he wants me to go through my first THREE days of quitting without the stuff to help ease the quitting process.
5) It then took them 15 minutes to get a simple one-page form filled out so the State of Nebraska will help pay for medications to quit smoking. A form that I could have filled out in two minutes.
At least my eye appointment took like 15 minutes, and that doctor was awesome. I may never buy glasses from Lenscrafters again, but I will be seeing their doctor again. Not only did he get everything done fast, but I told him I wear contacts only for special occasions. He decided my best option was Daily disposables. My 10 day trial packs will probably last me a year. :-)