Advertisement -- Learn more about ads on this site.

    MSCONFIDENT1   1,449
1,000-2,499 SparkPoints

MRSA! Questions????

Thursday, March 21, 2013

My sister in law has been dealing with mrsa for like the past 3 to 4 months off and on. She would get a spot, have it drained and was given an antibiotic. We found out tonight that it is now in her bloodstream. She pierced her own nose about a week ago and the doctor at the ER told her that is what did it. She has been to my house 2 times with the boils but had them covered. My husbands mom keeps saying that as long as it is covered and she washes her hands you cant get it. I was hesitant about having her at our house but she has been here. After reading a lot about it I am going to the store in the morning to buy lots of Lysol and bleach. I have read that it is highly contagious but then there are some saying it is not as bad as people make it out to be. My brother is a registered nurse and his wife is a cna....they said they are covered when dealing with mrsa patience. My sister in law lives with her mom and so do her two kids. My husband and I decided that we are no longer taking our kids to there house for now. Its just not worth the risk. I dont really know how to handle it. Am I being over the top? I dont want to be ride but I dont want this nor do I want my children exposed to this. I dont want to be rude but I dont want my mother in law to carry it and expose my children. I just dont know what to do. I dont want them to think that I am being cruel and over the top but I think they are taking this lightly. Everything that I have read says that MRSA in your bloodstream is really bad. But apparently the hospital doesnt think so cause she was sent home with a different type of antibiotics. I am sad for her because Im sure this is going to affect the rest of her life. I just dont know what to do. What boundrys do you all think I should set between them and my family? :(:(:(

Member Comments About This Blog Post:
AMALIA8 3/21/2013 11:51PM

    I would have to say that you've done a lot of research. I would keep them away until you have a time to talk to your family doctor about it. That way you can have a professional opinion besides second hand stuff or your family. Erring on the side of caution is always a good idea, but not the point of excluding the rest of your family. Maybe you could make it clear that you want to stay in touch with them (like via Facebook, e-mail or phone conversations - maybe even video chat on skype), but for now you don't want any physical contact because you are concerned for your family's safety. Keep your chin up and keep up the awesome work!

Report Inappropriate Comment
MALIAN1 3/21/2013 9:37AM

    My gut says that I would keep my family away. It's just not worth the risk. It is very scary. I say go with your gut.....

Hang in there.

Report Inappropriate Comment

Add Your Comment to the Blog Post

Log in to post a comment.

Other Entries by MSCONFIDENT1