I used to read and write down what made me feel good - here are a few from February 19, 1986 -- On the side margin the book was called In Touch:
1. If you want to know what God wants you to do, ask him, and he will gladly tell you.
2. And now just as you trusted Christ to save you, trust him, too, for each day's problems.
3. Let your root grown down into him and draw up nourishment from him.
4. Lord, if you aren't going with us, don't let us move a step from this place.
5. If I fall - I know it isn't fatal.
6. Nothing can separate us from God's love. Our fears for today, our worries about tomorrow, or where we are - high above the sky, or in the deepest ocean - nothing will ever be able to separae us from the love of God demonstrated by our Lord Jesus Christ when He died for us.
7. The Lord your God is with you whereever you go.
8. God doesn't change His mind like humans do. He never forgets promises. So don't be anxious about tomorrow. God will take care of your tomorrow too. Live one day at a time.
9. The Lord has each of our names tattooed upon his palm.
From Christ in Our Home: Jesus gets us ready for the future and does not leave us in the past.
I have more in this notebook - I'm going to take up reading and writing down the positive again - I need that in my life