Wednesday, March 20, 2013
My brother had his right side heart cath yesterday. The news was not so good. His aortic valve is bad. The doctor told him with his LVAD he would have 1-1 1/2 years left. She was going to the board and recommend heart transplant. I knew this would come but not this soon. My brother has to make a decision if he wants to do this. So many risks with this procedure. What ever his decision is I will be a hundred percent behind him. He has talk about not doing it. He states that they may not find one for him. He states that he has lived a good life and has no regrets. He states that what every happens, happens and God will be the one to decide his outcome. I am trying not to bawl like a baby especially in front of him. I know if it his time he will be in heaven. That may not be so bad. If it his decision not to go through with it I want his last few years to be the best and I will try to see it happen. He was my saving grace this past year.