Wednesday, March 20, 2013
I have 66 days until my husband and I fly to Seattle to see the sights, visit family and then set sail on a 7-day Alaskan Inner Passage cruise. I have been looking forward to this vacation for close to 2 years. I want to be in the best shape physically as possible. I don't want to miss out on a single thing because I am too tired, too out of shape. There's a LOT to see and do and it's a pretty physical type of vacation.
As of this morning my weight was 200.4 lbs. I want to lose 15 pounds between now and May 24. That's less than 2 lbs per week which is very much doable, but it's going to take some major effort on my part. I was down to 195 one day last month and was 197 on February 16, the day we left for our impromptu 2 weeks vacation in California. Unfortunately eating out 3 meals a day for 12 days really set me back even though I did make an effort to be active, even breaking my daily steps total by hitting over 25,000 steps in a single day. I was back up to 205 when I weighed in March 1.
So in order to achieve this goal I am going to...
1) Get in at least 10,000 steps per day. Definitely will try for more and really push instead of just hitting 10k and then stopping and vegging out the rest of the day like I tend to do.
2) Consume a minimum of 12 glasses of water per day.
3) Prepare as many meals myself as I possibly can to stay within my calorie range. I will avoid eating out as much as possible. There will be a couple of events that I will need to be careful of, but as long as I keep it to those special days only... Mom's birthday, Aunt & Uncle's 50th wedding anniversary, Hubby's spring company barbecue day at Busch Gardens... then I should be okay.
4) Strength Training... this is so hard for me for some reason even though I know that it really makes a difference. I need to work in sit ups, push ups, planks, hand weights, resistance bands. I have the tools and the know-how, but I need to actually DO IT.
5) Time to get over my fear and unwrap the Jillian Michael's 30-Day Shred DVD that I purchased a year, or more ago and USE IT.
Time to take the training wheels off and get serious. I have had an amazing amount of success with being slow and steady. 55 pounds in just under 2 years. The fact I have stuck with it this long tells me that I really do have what it takes to get my body in shape and my weight and health under control. I have always worked very well with a deadline so I'm hoping this will give me the incentive I need to really dig in and work hard.
Time for me to be ALL IN so I can truly enjoy my dream vacation and still make this the year that I achieve my goal weight.