Wednesday, March 20, 2013
**This particular blog entry will be updated as needed. It is in response to the Stress Buster's Challenge.
5=High; 4=Moderately High; 3= Average; 2=Below Average; 1=None.
For starters, I am a perfectionist. I have a hard time finding "middle" ground on anything. It's normally "all or nothing" with me. Relationships, I have my DH who is my caretaker and source of some frustration (I think that comes with every marriage though). My DS is 22 and stresses me just because it's his job apparently. I don't see him near as much as I'd like....maybe that would help. We don't talk much either. My family lives nearby....they only like to make sure I'm taken care of and doing well. Otherwise, there are no stressers there. Friends, live far away....too far to visit daily/weekly......we talk via phone weekly/bi-weekly....it's hard to get together due to conflicts with activities in each other's lives. Then there is of course, the BFF that passed away a couple of years ago. This is a huge stresser for me. Of course, there's my health issues....stress? Who has stress?? LOL
Reading the 10 High-Stress Personality Characteristics, here's what I have:
1) I over plan my days and feel the need to stick to a strict plan.--- I live with LISTS!!!
2) I'm always doing more than one thing at a time....very seldom finishing anything here lately :(
3) Impatience with delays.....oh dear!
4) Chronically late!
5) Chronic urgency....see #3!!
6) Highly competitive drive.....I've forgotten how to play....but I am trying to relearn this!
7) Compulsion to overwork....if it weren't for DH & my health, I could live at the office.
Stress level = 4.
Sleep level = 3.
Exercise level = 4.
Eating = 2.
Today's stressors would have to be lack of good sleep (must make that sleep study appointment!); Only ate one meal today....definitely must do better there; low blood pressure again after dialysis....MUST find out why this is happening. The low bp makes me feel awful as it is. Had a headache which is no doubt brought on by lack of nourishment. Tomorrow is a new day!