Tuesday, March 19, 2013
This is my first entry in the Stress Busting Challenge. One of the four tasks in the first week's assignment is to write a stress blog at least three times a week. In this first edition, I will list the things that give me stress (in no particular order)
1. Getting yelled at or sworn at
2. Working 12-14 hours a day
3. Not seeing my children very much
4. Seeing my husband
5. Walking on eggshells
6. Feeling left out
7. Feeling like I can't get it all done
8. Not getting enough sleep
9. Being a married single parent
10. Loving my job but it is killing me
11. Stress eating at the office which is a perpetual food trough.
12. Hearing my two girls argue continuoulsy (ages 11 and 15)
13. Being bossed around (by everyone it seems)
14. Falling short of my own expectations
15. Having no time to exercise like I used to
16. Feeling physically and emotionally threatened and scarred
17. Feeling disorganized
18. Feeling like I'm suffocating under too much "stuff"
19. Not having enough contact with friends and family
20. Backing out of obligations I volunteer for or take on
21. Not ever learning how to cook and not providing much in the way of hot meals to my children.
22. Holidays and events - stress me out because I usually have to bring something (and I don't cook) and I am a Christian living with a man who declares he's "The only God we'll [the girls and I] will ever need." Makes celebrating Christian holdiays and rituals stressful and uncomfortable.
24. Questioning if I'm capable of making change happen in my life.
25. Being an underemployed lawyer
26. Money worries, paying for college worries, etc.
27. Not having the beds made in the morning.
28. Having to do household repairs myself or they won't get done.
29. Not being around enough so my teenager ends up parenting her younger sister.
30. Feeling shackled and wanting freedom
31. Feeling unlovable but wanting love
32. Being alone, but wanting companionship
33. Brain scan and surgery coming up and facing it alone
34. Children who yell and disrespect me, just like their father.
35. Spending much on children and their activities, who don't appreciate it.
36. Not doing much for me, no time alone, no reading, no day dreaming
37. Dishonesty in people.
38. Faking feelings just for appearances.
39. Having to sort my clothes by what I can fit into and what I cannot but used to be able to.
40. Overwhelmed by a daily to-do list that never, ever, is completed.
41. Still dealing with a vehicle issue over a car I purchased last September. I thought patience was a virture but one thing after another keeps coming up.
42. Using coffee creamer.
43. Having to pay rent to live in my house.
44. Having to buy food for myself and the girls and getting to borrow part of the refrigerator for it.
45. Getting up at 4am for my daughter's swim practice when I worked until 11pm or later.
46. Being unhappy.
47. Not being sure who my real friends are.
48. Always needing to ask for help from friends for things with my kids.
49. Being embarrassed to admit the homelife situation I am in.
50. Doing my best and being told it's not enough.
51. Rarely ever taking a lunch break (and there is a gym in our building)
52. Having a bucket list but no plans or progress toward accomplishing things on it.