Continued saga of the patient lift!
Monday, March 18, 2013
DH had a stroke 7 years ago. Three years ago I got a patient lift that never helped us much.
Two years ago I put us on a waiting list for a used really good patient lift. Recently I have been pushing the health aids to use the lift we have. Each time we tried it was a disaster. We were worn out and I ended up transferring him myself. But...finally a really good lift is in our home!
I thought problem solved! Well.
.........first the belt seemed too small. It costs $169.00! I put the belt higher on him and it worked!
Problem solved! Nope.
Even then the lift did not go high enough to make him stand. And it did not get his butt really into the wheelchair!
I found the adjustment for height.
But the foot plate still crashed into the footplate of his wheelchair. No good. Will this ever get resolved!
At his physical therapy today a wheelchair worker was there!
I have never seen that before all the times we went. He showed me an adjustment on the wheelchair .
tomorrow morning the darn things will work.
I need a vacation from all this!