Monday, March 18, 2013
So proclaims my (sadly departed) love, Celia Cruz!
I just joined the Official Tame Your Sweet Tooth challenge, and several reasons come to mind:
- A day does not pass where I crave some sweet treat at least a few times.
- Reading health studies shows that Americans (at least) consume way too much sugar every day.
- My mom's pre-diabetic and so is my husband, I don't want to end up there.
- I firmly believe that if we recondition ourselves to eat less added sugars, we will enjoy the natural sugars in food (ie. fruit) more and be satisfied with that.
- When I am introduced with a sweet at a party or monthly cake thing at work, it is solely the fact that people are watching me that keeps me from gnawing on that thing until I'm sick to my stomach!
So, here goes! I will spend the rest of this week tracking my cravings and habits for an eye opening review next Monday!