Saturday, March 16, 2013
While most people may freak out if they saw 249 on the scale, for me it is time for a major celebration! When I hit 315 pounds I thought my life was pretty much over. I never thought it possible to be under 250 pounds again. My body was just going to keep gaining weight until it killed me and that was all there was to it. Goes to show what changing the mind can do!
Needless to say I'm one of the happiest people on planet earth at this moment and the possibilities for the future are endless. So this is what I did to break this plateau:
1. I didn't give up!
2. Started tracking and measuring my food again
3. Changed my work out routine to a different mix of cardio and resistance. Different machines, short bursts (10 minutes) of cardio between resistance exercises instead of either 2, 30 minute cardio routines or resistance. Thank you Kris! (my trainer at OZ)
4. Started going back to either Zumba or Latin Dance class once a week
5. Started looking for ways to put little bits of more activity into my day...climb the stairs instead of using the elevator etc.
6. Changed my diet to new foods and new mixes of foods (I tended to eat a lot of the same foods everyday). For example instead of my usual cottage cheese and greek yogurt breakfast today I had Creole seasoned talapia with onions and peppers (yum!) By the way, I discovered the kale is delicious!
I also discovered that I had been choosing others' desires for my time over my own needs consistently. Not that being there for others is a bad thing, that's important too, but we can't forget to take care of ourselves in the mix of things. I could take my son to the store at a different time than when I wanted to be in Zumba class for example...or he could come with me and we could go to the store afterward.
Life is all about learning...and that's what makes it so much fun!