Saturday, March 16, 2013
- peer support
- face to face interaction, motivation
- eat real foods, no food is off limits
- meeting times fit my schedule
- cost (but this is reimbursed through work so not a good excuse)
- location - right next to ice cream shoppe! (and last time, I went after the meetings to celebrate or wallow in self pity)
- weighing in -- stranger knows how much I weigh (but would I find this motivating in that as the scale goes down she will provide encouragement and congratulate me?)
- group thing -- sometimes I am just not a people person and I don't want to be in a room full of people yakking about points -- on the flip side, I just might learn something and make a friend to help me get through the rough spots
I love Spark and would continue to use all the tools here...but I know WW has worked for me in the past when I actually did the program and didn't try to tweak it or cheat myself. As much as I hate weighing in in front of others, it does keep me accountable and wanting to have someone see the scale go down and give me positive feedback might just motivate me to work harder. Even if I only join for a few months, if it can jump-start me into sticking with the program it would be worth it. I like the idea of 'me time' by going to the meetings, almost like a class I would attend in school...get an assignment, do my homework, check back next week (or even stop in during the other meeting times if I need help)...money is tight right now and the reimbursement wouldn't come til next year but, since I am giving up eating in the work cafeteria, that's a good $5.00 a day I'm not spending - more than enough to cover a monthly pass membership fee.
I think I will go to a meeting this morning...I don't have to sign up but I can certainly check it out and decide after seeing how I feel about being there.