A few weeks ago I made the switch to Himalayan Pink Salt and I like it! My mom has been telling about it for awhile now. She has heart issues and this was one of the things her doctor told her to do. No more table salt for her! And now, no more for me! I found it at BJ's for about $5. It comes in a grinder. It definitely cost more than a container of white table salt but it has been lasting, that's for sure. It doesn't take much and it didn't take much for me to transition. And I'm glad I did. I really think some of my bloating has gone down. With a regular salt shaker it's way too easy to shake out half the container on your food. With this grinder it's just as easy not to. Just a few twists and your done!
Again, I got it MUCH cheaper at BJ's..
if you happen to have a warehouse/discount store around you, check it out.
I found this about the pink salt..
My Top 10 Health Benefits of Himalayan Pink Salt
10. Provides relief for skin conditions such as psoraisis and skin rashes.
9. Natural pink and light red colors from the high mineral and iron content.
8. Considered one of the purest salts in the world coming from the clean rivers and lakes of the Himalayan Mountains.
7. Smooths, softens and cleans skin - I never thought I'd say salt makes your skin soft, but it truly does!
6. Helps strengthen our immune system.
5. Soothes aches and pains.
4. Has 84 trace elements such as potassium, calcium and iron. Iron aids in transporting oxygen to our cells and gives it it's red color.
3. Relaxing and helps you sleep deeper.
2. Provides relief for colds and the flu.
1. Good for water retention and PMS!
Now I'm not saying that this has anything to do with it, BUT I have gone down a few pounds since starting to use this salt and I wonder if it has to do with me having been bloated before from using regular table salt. Who knows! I just know, I'm liking it and I feel better because I'm making better choices for me and my body.
Have a great weekend!!