Its St Patricks Day on Sunday, our national holiday and a day to celebrate all things Irish.
Being Irish myself and living in Dublin the capital city ( and unoffical coolest city in the world
) I think we take it for granted sometimes.
The whole world knows our financial woes at the moment and life isn't easy right now - when is it ever? - but we have a lot going for us.
Some of my reasons to be thankful for being born under a shamrock
1. My accent. No one can say "alright there bud" like a Dub
2. Our language, not my strongest point but it does sound lovely to hear a native speaker
3. Our sense of humour, Irish people can laugh at just about anything no matter how bad
3. The size of the country. I love how even though I live in a city I can hop in my car and be on the beach or in the wilds of the country within half an hour.
4. The people, there is a reason why there is an Irish bar in nearly every country in the world. You'll be guaranteed to have a great night and will probably meet some fella who went to school with your brother.
What ever you do this weekend have a ball. I'll be getting into the spirit of the Paddywhackery, doing a few jigs and reels ( dancing ) and enjoying a day off work!!!
And if you have a bit of Irish in you and what to brush up on your Irishisms this site will set you right http://www.worldirish.com/stor
Tá deireadh seachtaine maith agus a fheiceann tú an tseachtain seo chugainn ( enjoy your weekend and see you next week )