Thursday, March 14, 2013
Well the meeting yesterday at the Australian Institute of Fitness went GREAT until he gave me the pricing :( Right at this moment I am afraid we do not have $7,000 for me to take a 14 week course that won't allow me to work at the same time. Very disappointing..but in some ways maybe it is fate...I have been wanting to do this for a very long time and my husband was all for it...but we are paying off our trip to America as well as the wedding, and the reception we are having this weekend and our honeymoon trip next weekend...plus we have teenage twin sons that will be looking into Uni soon...so maybe fate is just telling me it is best to put it off right now. We don't want to get into debt..we want our dream home at the beach..I need to work now and start saving for those dreams...
When it comes to being an instructor again, that is still a possibility but I don't think Step is in my future...I quit teaching it in the past due to the pain I was having in my knees (which is ironic as Step was actually created by a woman who was told by her doctor to step up and down on a platform or something as part of her therapy for a knee injury-alas she was also an "aerobic" instructor and turned it into the huge craze it became in the late 80's)...but back to me...my knee's and calves suffered from teaching it and since I had also started training for a half marathon I knew something had to go..so it was step...after teaching Tuesday night I was not able to walk the next day without pain, and I am still not able to run...it is Friday..it is not worth it to me..if I can teach other classes then by all means I will ..but no more step (after my commitment to sub one more class)
I did meet with an awesome gym the other day who are very excited to have me join their team but there are some logistics I have to take care of first as far as Australia rules go and it may take a little longer than I hoped but it is more feasible than the $7000 fee for school.
So today, or maybe Monday (busy weekend ahead for the reception) I will start a generic job search to see what I can do for some money for right now..my dream job will just have to be put on hold..but I am ok with that as I know if it is meant to be we will find a way..and in the meantime I can continue with my own workouts and training with my hubby for our half marathon.