Oh the Gall
Thursday, March 14, 2013
So I haven't been perfect with my sparking, I admit it freely, I am doing better than I have been and I have some plans, which I will be getting to in just a moment.
First I have a medical condition that has become a problem and I will need surgery, while I am very afraid of surgery having never had one prior to this, I am at least glad that the issues in my stomach are being resolved. As much fun as it has been to have regular nausea and pain in upper abdomen, I am going to have to say goodbye to that when I say goodbye to my gallbladder. I just got the results back from the ultrasound and now I have to see the surgeon. Well needless to say, getting back on track with exercise is not going so well with this, but I know I will get there. Right now I want to focus on the tracking of my meals because that is the part that I am struggling with.
So now that I have shared my health news Here is my plan...
1) For every week that I track 5 out of 7 days, I get a carnation from the grocery store
2) For every week that I track 7 out of 7 days, I get a rose from the grocery store
3) Since exercising is quite painful right now, I am getting back on track with my pedometer and getting my 10,000 steps in daily. So I am still increasing my movement, but not inflicting more pain upon my person until after my surgery. I also feel that focusing on walking will help me get up and moving post surgery as well getting to the gym is more daunting than pacing short times in my apartment or neighborhood.
* If at the end of the week, I have stayed in my goals and done my 10,000 steps each day, then I get a bouquet of flowers of my choosing.
* If I make it one month while staying in my goals 27 out of 30 days and walking 10000 steps daily, I get a mani/pedi or a facial depending on my preference :)
Once I have re-built my good habits, I will then focus on getting to the gym, and drinking that water ( I am going to try and do those things as I go, but I'm focusing on the previous mentioned goals first to lay the ground work)
While I'm afraid for Surgery, I'm excited to continue progressing my the journey of my life! Here's to all of us!