UUUG. Now what!!!
Wednesday, March 13, 2013
Ok I have been sick and I haven't been going to the gym. Just as I think I am out they drag me back in. I finally get to a point where I feel I can get to the gym. All my missed notes and tests are made up and I put the towels in to dry and guess what???? The dryer self com-busts!!!!
So Now I have to deal with burnt house smell. Yes I do realize it could have been much worst. I never go out or go to bed and leave my appliances on just for this purpose. We were all home, and for some reason the smell went directly to my bedroom. I couldn't smell it in the kitchen but when you went into my room you could smell it coming out of the vent in my bathroom. And I later discovered because it was located in the basement right next to the furnace it went into the duct work and straight up to my room.
When my husband and I were going over our day we could smell it but thought it was the wood burner from the house behind us. Then when we went to the kitchen he was by the sink and could smell it and I was near the basement steps and couldn't smell it. And the smoke detectors wasn't going off.
Then we went out side to see where the smell was coming from and my daughter came out saying the smoke detector in the basement was going off by the time we got down there it was full of black smoke.
It turned out that the wiring in the dryer burned up. And the carpet got ruined and all the clothes that were drying smell like smoke, all the towels that were in the dryer are gone. They had a cleaning company come in and clean the floors and walls to get rid of some of the odor. It is going to be a long nite to say the least as my house still stinks. I have class tomorrow and the duct cleaning people will be here by 7 am.
Until Next time.