Creating lists can be a provocative way of assessing your internal thoughts and can spur insightful contemplation. When writing your lists, write what comes to mind, even if you feel it is a bit odd. List 10 things that you would like to change about your life and thoughts about how you can go about effectuating that change.
1. Get married
- my wedding is fast approach well my Canadian wedding. We had our hindu ceremony almost a month ago and well it was amazing. So now we need to get our butts in gear and finalize the last details of our wedding here. I think the shopping for items is basically done other than my husband may walk in sock feet as he does not have shoes yet. We have to meet with the priest on Easter weekend and choose flowers then.
2. Weight loss- well I continue to work towards my goals on this and the last month has been productive. I need to hit the gym more consistently but my husband is supportive and goes as well. We will head there in an hour together today
I love to see him sweaty
3. Self Monitor my PCOS- was diagnosed with this in the fall and was told if I lose weight I can self monitor it. So goal two helps goal 3 and goal 3 will help 4.
4. Start a family- I want to have kids so soon after marriage I will be convincing the husband to try. I want two and I want to have them sooner than later.
5. Purchase our own home- We are currently saving for this and hope to purchase within the next year. We have a home in India being built as well.
6. Continue to Invest - I want to continue to invest in a variety of ways. I want to continue to invest in land but also in the markets.
7. Friends- I would like to can a small group of friends here in Toronto to socialize with. I moved here in August and don't have anyone to call up and go for coffee with or even a walk. My husband has a few he plays cricket with on Sundays but other than that they never get together. What is it with people not wanting to socialize with others in this city. Need ideas on how to get outside this box. Our condo people don't even say hi.
8. Join a sports group- curling, baseball or golf- this may help with the above as well...I may not have time this spring with the wedding may have to wait until the fall again for curling.
9. Travel- I want to travel more and explore the world. I want to be able to do this as a family and hopefully have my mom and my in laws join us on these excursions from time to time.
10. Employment- find a fulfilling job and a permanent one. I don't want to be jumping from job to job. Part time may be fine if the job is satisfying. I currently am employed part time but there is no future guarantee and I actually may not be employed at the end of the month