Creating lists can be a provocative way of assessing your internal thoughts and can spur insightful contemplation. When writing your lists, write what comes to mind, even if you feel it is a bit odd. List 10 things that you would like to change about your life and thoughts about how you can go about effectuating that change.
1. Lose weight and be healthy! Duh! LOL ---- eat less, move more, make time to be still ( AKA eat healthy, exercise, pray, mediate) Being in good health means looking for the balance in life,,, soul, mind, body connection. I am currently out of sorts,,, but am making my journey slowly and deliberately,,, in a healthy way.
2. Be able to take better care of my finances === Taking a class by Dave Ramsey with my sons in April regarding financial responsibility and taking control over my finances. Right now, I have some money saved and although I want to blow it all on Disneyland passes,,, I am a single mother now and have to be cautious that I have enough to take care of emergencies that happen.... so I am waiting a little longer.
3. Organizing my garage & my laundry room === sounds simple and silly but my garage is a complete mess. I need to clean up that puppy and donate what we are not using.
4. Fixing my Fence --- ok ,, another one that sounds silly but I have a dog and the fences are falling down,,,,,, wind damage,,,, so I just contacted the insurance company but it is taking some time to get an estimate,,, guess I could set that up today.
5. Gettting my divorce final --- another duh,,, should have been number one,,,, but I do have the ball rolling on that one. Hired Lawyer?
Paid Lawyer in Full?
Filed Paperwork in Court?
First court hearing and reached a tentative settlement?
Emotionally & Physically Exhausted?
6. Refinancing my house --- my lawyer has offered to help me with this,,,,,, this is a big deal to me because I have never been responsible for the family finances,,,, good little wife,,, gave all my check to my husband,,,, never worried about the bills,,,, now suddenly,,, he is gone and I have to learn how to balance the household expenses.
Will never do that again! So next week, I will start finding a way to refinance my house.... to give my children stability as they want to stay in their home.
7. Taking better care of myself......... this involved all aspects of my life,,,,,, sometimes I feel down,,, and I just don't take care of myself ...... I will let my hair go,,, and not get it cut,,, and I have not been taking care of my skin,,, which I need to do because I am no spring chicken!
Can't go to bed with traces of make-up and expect to wake up fresh like a 16 year old! at my age,,, there is no way I want to look or be a 16 year old but I mean the beautiful condition of their skin even after they stay up all night.
8. Sleep! Making sure that I listen to my body,,,,, when it is tired or stressed,,, it tells me to go to sleep,,,, to give it time to rejuvenate ,,,,,, but instead,,, I try burning the candle at both ends and stay up late,,,, which in turn,,, makes me want to snack to get energey because I am tired. I have read articles that lack of sleep is a cause of being overweight!
9. Finding a new social life for me...... being divorced throws your world in a tailspin,,,, part of that tailspin is losing some friends,,,,,, some take your husband's side,,, other's take yours..... or you could be like me where my husband and I had no mutual couple friends other than family........ which means I lost his entire family..... yup ,,, they took sides,,, except for my father in law and a nephew,,, that whole social network is gone,,,,,, Yes, I still have my family,,, but I live far from them,,, so I have to make new friends and spend more time with current friends. I have plans to join a book club at the local Barnes & Noble
10. Find my place in this world....... this one is a BIG one,,,,,, and it will take time.