Life has gotten quite interesting, in ways both good and bad.
1. Lost a friend of mine to a heart attack last Friday. He was only 40 years old! He leaves behind 4 children. Makes me more aware of my own health.
2. The high school girls basketball team in my hometown took 3rd at State. WOOHOO!! Close to playing in the final game, but came up a bit short. Of course, had we not gotten the news that day of a prominent member of the community passing away (see #1), the outcome may have been different...who knows.
3. "Miami" is working through some issues in his life and is needing some support. Since we ended on good terms, I told him I'd be there for him. Not sure what the "support" will entail, but he's got some MAJOR work ahead of him. Hopefully he'll have a few less vices (Thus the nickname I've given him) when he gets through this.
4. We're quickly approaching year-end here at work. Times they are a getting stressful!
5. My Sweet Adelines chorus competition is a week from this coming Saturday. It'll be a great weekend, but also stressful as well!
The main theme in the above? STRESS!! How will I handle it? Several ways...
1. Exercise - My life has been SO crazy that I haven't been going to my HoopFusion class. I'm starting back tonight. I also need to find some way to keep active on my non-HoopFusion days. When I get paid the next time, I'm getting "10-Minute Trainer" I've got at least 10 minutes in my jam-packed day!
2. Prayer - One of the biggest ways I can be there for "Miami" is through prayer. I now have the freedom to spend more time with him as well as he needs it. I just have to wait for him to ask.
3. Medication - 10 years ago or so, I was diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder. I've done a fabulous job of convincing myself I'm "fine" and don't need to take medication that is $118/month (my insurance doesn't have prescription coverage). Well, the "fabulous" job isn't so fabulous any more. I've now found a discount card that will make things easier on my budget and in order to keep my sanity, I will be taking my medication on a regular basis once again.
Anyway, life is going to get better!!
Have a Terrific Tuesday, all!
GOD BLESS AMERICA!!
F.R.O.G. (Fully Rely on GOD!)