6 weeks later: An assessment
Monday, March 11, 2013
Still 4 pounds down, just like last week. But I won't beat myself up like last time. Like my friend said today "Add a day of sexy at a time, until the cup runneth over." Sometimes the sexiness will be in small does and sometimes it will be a lot. As long as I keep adding it and not stopping. :-)
I also want to assess (and acknowledge) what went well and what I can improve on going forward. We do that at work, why not with healthy living? :-)
What Went Well:
- 4 pounds lost :-)
- Easing into clean eating... My avg servings of fruits and vegetables went from 0 to 4 or 5. Nothing short of amazing.
- My grocery shopping list has never seen so many veggies and fruits... ever!
- Avg workouts a week - 2.5 (it used to be zero)
- When I first started running, I ran 1 minute and walked 2. Now I run between 5-8 mins and walking 2
- Can complete 3-4 miles during a workout
- Increased in take of water
- Smoothies from breakfast
- Gave up white rice and exchanged it with Quinoa and Couscous
- Went form cooking for myself 0-1 times a week to 5-7 times a week.
- Reduced intake of alcohol
- Switch snack intake from 100 calorie packs to fruit
- Started tracking food and exercise
- Tried dance classes (and want to do it more!)
- Prioritized working out vs. going to dinner or sleeping
- Learned that sugar is an addiction by watching Hungry for Change.
Ways to step in up:
- Incorporate weight training into my workout
- Increase workout frequency to 3-4 times a week
- Increase vegetables (start juicing)
- More fun exercising (dance classes)