What things can I do today to help ensure Iíll eat my new healthy foods this week?
Sunday, March 10, 2013
After shopping for healthy foods (no junk food--yay!!!), the next step is to prepare them for easy access during the week to come. This entails:
1. wash, tear, and put in a tupperware container with paper towels to insure freshness, the lettuce
2. boil several eggs for quick protein snacks/meals
3. grill salmon and put in tupperware containers in portion sizes
4. steam vegetables and put in tupperware containers in fridge
5. soak almonds overnight so they are ready to blend into almond milk the next day
6. thaw out a bag of sinach to add to omlet
7. wash and cut celery and carrots
By doing this preparation on sundays, I will have ready to eat conveience foods that are healthier than snacks that we sometimes may be tempted to grab when we are hungry.