70% or MOST days is enough. Let's celebrate!
Saturday, March 09, 2013
So I have dreaded this mornings weigh in just to find out I lost another pound since last week. Then I thought "How is that possible? I didn't even put 100% in.... maybe 70%". Which lead me to the decision to blog about 70%.
What did I do to lose that pound?
- I ate a healthy breakfast most mornings.... oatmeal with flaxseed and fruit
- I packed a healthy lunch most days..... quinoa with fresh veggies and balsamico vinegar or brown rice with veggies or whole grain pasta with marinara sauce and veggies.
- I drank at least 8 glasses of water most days to keep me full and hydrated and flush out nasties
- I didn't add extra salt to any meals. I did use salt in cooking, but not at the table (which I usually do)
- I did little exercise breaks even with small hand weights for a total of about 10-15 minutes most days.
- I tracked my food, measured or weighed my food most days.
- I checked in with my teammates of the Casual Traveler team on most days as well as visiting team mates blogs and commenting on them to give and receive encouragement and be accountable.
So the MOST DAYS is the key then. When calculating it up, I was pleased to see that just sticking with it and continuing on with what I know is good and right is really enough. My all or nothing approach that usually makes me quit after 2 weeks of anything is completely unnecessary and obviously it took me all this time to figure this out.
So fellow Bloggers and Sparkers.... let's keep in mind that perfection is overrated and that any effort made can make all the difference for the rest of your life :)