Jillian Michaels Approves!
Friday, March 08, 2013
I am so excited! You know how you decide to do something and you think it's a great idea, but you get quizzical looks from other people and it makes you second-guess your decision? Then something happens that confirms you were on the right track and you feel
Well, I'm having that experience right now. I subscribe to Health magazine (primarily because I had extra mileage points that I needed to use up, but that part isn't important). This month Jillian Michaels was the cover girl. I watch the Biggest Loser regularly but I've never particularly been a fan of Jillian per se. I've always had this perception of her as this super-human of the female gender who spends her life in a gym and never eats much and as a result she has this unattainable level of fitness that I will never achieve. However, once I read the magazine article I had a new respect for her. She supports alot of the same things I've been practicing since I began sparking a few months ago. I absolutely could not believe she had these two things to say:
1. Follow the 80/20 rule: Use 80% of your daily calories for healthy eating and use the other 20% on "fun" foods.
I have been doing that! I did the math and said OMG I SOOOO have been doing that without realizing a health and fitness professional actually thinks it's a good idea. I'm SO over cutting out whole food groups, feeling deprived, etc. I'm not doing that anymore.
2. Eat dark chocolate every day. I have a chocolate streak! Then she went on to say she would rather die than live without sweets. WHAT?! Forreal?! Me too!!!
I think I love her now. Where is that Jillian Michaels spark team I ignored when I saw it... I think I should join now