Over my limit... again!
Friday, March 08, 2013
That makes four days in about a week that I've been over. And not by a little bit. I laughed it off the first time; I knew where I'd gone wrong so I wasn't too concerned. And then I went over again the other night because I could not resist the donuts (320 calories... if I'd known that before I ate it, I might have been able to say no). And then yesterday I made poppy rolls... my grandma's recipe. Fantastic. And wasn't satisfied with just one so I had two. Not the best choice since they are over 300 calories each! Felt sick afterwards too. Guess that means my body is getting used to healthier meals, which is a good thing. Finished off the day with a chicken salad, so at least I'm getting smart enough to make adjustments to my meals when I mess up. But today we're having company over for supper, and they're bringing Chinese food. There is nothing healthy about Chinese food. So even though I've made a point of eating low-calorie, high-protein meals for breakfast and lunch, I'm still going to be over my limit AGAIN. Haven't weighed myself (mostly because I like to do it in the morning, and I forgot today) but I'm a little worried about doing that tomorrow. Should have done it yesterday before packing away a bunch of extra calories :S
Trying to focus on the pros though:
1. I know where I'm going wrong and how to change it for next time
2. My body is learning to not crave calorie-laden meals
3. On days when I know I have a high-calorie meal or event coming up, I'm planning my other meals accordingly.
4. When I went over my limit, I didn't use it as an excuse to keep eating (the whole "well I screwed up anyway...")
5. I care enough to rant about it on SP ;)
So it's not all bad. Just having a rough week with the calorie counting. Just have to believe that next week will be better!