Friday, March 08, 2013
Wow, so much I could talk about today. Today is my official 1 year Anniversary on Spark. It doesnít feel like Iíve been here anywhere near that long. I still feel like a newbie a lot of the time. Iím constantly learning so much from people. Completely awesome!
Iím going to try to do a short review of the past year.
1. - January 2012 197 lbs, as of this morning 139. Yeah that is up a bit from my best weight of 130 but weíll get back there. Iím not seeing 9 lbs as much of an issue with the running season starting.
2. - March 2012, got out of breath walking a mile to the library. I drove everywhere, including the two blocks to Walgreen's. Tomorrow I am running a 5K and it is not my first! I average 5 miles a day walking and I can run. I pretty much walk everywhere I can. This has also helped improve my dogsí health as they get to come with now.
3. Ė March 2012, needed help to get off the floor. Last night, I got up with my HANDS FULL. All leg power (squats are paying off!!!).
4. Ė March 2012, diet was pasta and candy and other fast food take-out. Well, Iím still not really cooking but I do eat a whole lot better. Fresh fruits and veggies are the core of my diet. Iím also doing more boca at home and no more fried foods!
5. Ė March 2012, drank coffee and/or Dr. Pepper constantly. Now, Iím 100% water! Nothing else is anywhere near as satisfying. I do indulge in a glass of warm chocolate soy at night, but that helps me sleep and it is still good for me.
Other things that have change that I canít really ďitemizeĒ: Iím happier. Iím more confident. I have energy almost all the time. Iím in far less pain in my bad hip and knees. Iím also looking forward to trying new things.
Iím also being far more ďtrueĒ to myself. I think this is the biggest change. I used to feel the need to fit in, and I ALWAYS felt like the square peg in the round hole. Now, I it doesnít bother me to be different. Someone doesnít like me, or only wants me around to ďdo for themĒ Ė door is that way! Iím a square peg. Iím an odd bird. I wear pigtails. I wear dog collars (not fetish collars, actual dog collars). I dress in bright bold colors. And I donít feel funny when people stare any more. Go ahead and look Ė Iím not going to shrink into the background. Those that donít like me, well that would be their problem.
I used to be afraid of the future. Now I wanna grab on and shake out every ounce of life and fun I can. Yes, I still have bad days Ė weeks even, but those bad times go away. They are no longer overwhelming and I can always find a light down the road!
Much of this I have learned from you, my dearest Spark friends. I read your blogs and statuses. I see your strength, and you have all made me a better, truer person. Thank you so far. But there is so much more to do and this is getting REALLY long. So letís go have some fun!
Warm Wags and Happy Snuffles!