Has it really been a Year?
Friday, March 08, 2013
Wow, so much I could talk about today. Today is my official 1 year Anniversary on Spark. It doesn’t feel like I’ve been here anywhere near that long. I still feel like a newbie a lot of the time. I’m constantly learning so much from people. Completely awesome!
I’m going to try to do a short review of the past year.
1. - January 2012 197 lbs, as of this morning 139. Yeah that is up a bit from my best weight of 130 but we’ll get back there. I’m not seeing 9 lbs as much of an issue with the running season starting.
2. - March 2012, got out of breath walking a mile to the library. I drove everywhere, including the two blocks to Walgreen's. Tomorrow I am running a 5K and it is not my first! I average 5 miles a day walking and I can run. I pretty much walk everywhere I can. This has also helped improve my dogs’ health as they get to come with now.
3. – March 2012, needed help to get off the floor. Last night, I got up with my HANDS FULL. All leg power (squats are paying off!!!).
4. – March 2012, diet was pasta and candy and other fast food take-out. Well, I’m still not really cooking but I do eat a whole lot better. Fresh fruits and veggies are the core of my diet. I’m also doing more boca at home and no more fried foods!
5. – March 2012, drank coffee and/or Dr. Pepper constantly. Now, I’m 100% water! Nothing else is anywhere near as satisfying. I do indulge in a glass of warm chocolate soy at night, but that helps me sleep and it is still good for me.
Other things that have change that I can’t really “itemize”: I’m happier. I’m more confident. I have energy almost all the time. I’m in far less pain in my bad hip and knees. I’m also looking forward to trying new things.
I’m also being far more “true” to myself. I think this is the biggest change. I used to feel the need to fit in, and I ALWAYS felt like the square peg in the round hole. Now, I it doesn’t bother me to be different. Someone doesn’t like me, or only wants me around to “do for them” – door is that way! I’m a square peg. I’m an odd bird. I wear pigtails. I wear dog collars (not fetish collars, actual dog collars). I dress in bright bold colors. And I don’t feel funny when people stare any more. Go ahead and look – I’m not going to shrink into the background. Those that don’t like me, well that would be their problem.
I used to be afraid of the future. Now I wanna grab on and shake out every ounce of life and fun I can. Yes, I still have bad days – weeks even, but those bad times go away. They are no longer overwhelming and I can always find a light down the road!
Much of this I have learned from you, my dearest Spark friends. I read your blogs and statuses. I see your strength, and you have all made me a better, truer person. Thank you so far. But there is so much more to do and this is getting REALLY long. So let’s go have some fun!
Warm Wags and Happy Snuffles!