February Review - Better Late Than Never
Friday, March 08, 2013
On January 1st I posted a blog detailing some areas in my life I want to focus on this year. Another goal I have is to take a few minutes at the end of each month and see how I did. Don't want my goals to be forgotten as the year wears on.
1. Continue to exercise and eat well - Doing really well here. I was sick for about 5 days, but am back at it. Hit my goal to exercise 1000 minutes in February. Food has been good as well. Have really cut back on my alcohol and am sticking with that.
2. Be productive at the office and at home - Home has slipped a little the past couple weeks. Being sick and some extra stress at work has taken a toll. Will work on that more in March. The office is a mess. I don't feel like I'm wasting a lot of time, but I just can't seem to get caught up. Will really focus on the office in March.
3. More quality time with the girls - Doing well here. February wasn't quite as good as January, but still better than the fall. We are taking them on a fun kid vacation next week for spring break. Looking forward to the warmer weather so we can get out of the house more.
4. Pay off debt - We did not pay down any debt this month. However, we did buy a new treadmill that we paid cash for. Necessity? No. But we deserved it and it is important to us. We also spent mucho dinero on spring break. Again, not a necessity, but I feel good that we didn't acquire any new debt to make it happen. Already have a plan in place to pay down debt this month.
5. Encourage others - Feel like I have slipped some here. Will make a conscious effort in March.
6. Patience - This was mostly focused towards mom, but I am doing better with the kids and problem clients as well. Proud of the work I've done here.
Looking at the month as a whole, it seems like February wasn't as strong as January. Will focus and see what I can do to make March better.