Wednesday, March 06, 2013
This was a homework exercise from Spark coach.
Imagine yourself 10 years in the future. What will you be doing and how will your day be? Imagine you have met your goals.
I did this and it was insightful and amazing.
• What year is it? 2023
• You are 10 years older. How old are you? 70
• Where do you live? Probably in Philadelphia, but hopefully in a warm climate.
• With whom do you share a home? Hubby
• When you open your eyes in the morning , what do you see, hear, smell and feel? I see a tree in the backyard. Hear birds. Smell fresh air. Feel like staying in bed another 5 minutes before dressing for a brisk walk.
• Who is there? How do you spend your time during the day? Hubby is there. We go out for all our meals and make healthy choices.
• Where do you go and how do you get there? Who or what do you see along the way? We walk in the fresh air. We drive to the restaurants.
• What do you do for a living? We are both retired.
• How do you move your body? SLOWLY. What kind of exercise do you do? STRETCHING, WALKING. How does it make you feel? I DON'T LIKE IT BUT IT HELPS WITH JOINT STIFFNESS. How does your body respond to the movement you do? IT GETS MORE LIMBER AND WARMS UP.
• What is the state of your health? BETTER THAN MOST WOMEN MY AGE
How is your outlook? I DON'T DREAD EACH NEW DAY BECAUSE i AM FIT ENOUGH
Your attitude about life? LIFE IS STILL WONDRFUL
• What do you look like when you see yourself in the mirror? OLDER, BUT STILL ACCEPTABLE
• What brings you the most joy on this day? BEING WITH LOVED ONES
• Who do you share your time with? MY HUSBAND
Who do you visit, call or talk to? I SPARK WITH SPARKFRIENDS
• How do you feel when your head hits the pillow at the end of this day? TIRED AND PEACEFUL
• What are you excited about doing tomorrow? GOING FOR A WALK
• What is your ideal life? ACTIVE AND ENJOYING NATURE
Are you living it? MOST DAYS
Now imagine your future self telephoning you as you are now in the present, today. What advice does your future self give yourself of today?
YOU WILL BE SO GLAD WHEN YOU LOSE THE WEIGHT AND KEEP IT OFF. YOU WILL FEEL MORE ENERGETIC AND BE ABLE TO DO SO MUCH MORE. MY BEST ADVICE IS TO CONSISTENTLY EXERCISE AND EAT SLOWLY UNTIL YOU ARE 80% FULL. EAT ENOUGH PROTEIN BECAUSE IT IS IMPORTANT TO DIGESTION, BUILDING MUSCLES, MAKING HORMONES, AND MAINTAINING THE IMMUNE SYSTEM. THE HARDEST THING IS TO EXERCISE, BUT IT IS ALSO THE MOST IMPORTANT. YOU DESERVE TO GIVE YOURSELF THIS GIFT OF A HEALTHY LIFE.