This week's challenge: Create a vision board that represents what you want out of this challenge.....what you want to accomplish during the spring and where you want to be and WHO you want to be when summer approaches.
I've avoided making a vision collage for quite a while. I totally get what they're about and I can see how they'd be useful, but I couldn't quite see myself doing one. I've had more than a couple of friends tell me, "You don't give up details about yourself easily. You make people work for it!" And that's totally true. I'm a very curious person and I like hearing about other people and learning all about them, but I don't open myself up easily to others.
So, making a vision collage that represents the personal things inside my head is not something that comes easily to me. I don't know if I'm just afraid of being judged or if there's more to it, but anyway, here's what I came up with for this challenge.
The idea was to think about what you wanted from this challenge, so I thought about what direction I want to move in, in addition to the girl I want to become. Clockwise from the middle top:
* Wave Runners! (Duh! Kidding.) I did a beach bootcamp last year and I really liked working out like that at the beach. The ocean is pretty special to me, and being in that element and feeling strong like that made an impression on me. And I want to do it again!
* "What's stopping you?" NOTHING! I get in my own way a lot, and as much as I want to stop doing that, I still struggle every day.
* "Your workout is my warmup" - There are a few people here on Spark who post their workouts pretty often, and when I read them, my mouth drops open. Their warmups are LITERALLY my workouts sometimes! I want to get to a point where that's no longer the case. I want my workout now to be my warmup later. That's badass.
* Awesome. This made me laugh! I love the image of a strong woman being confident and, well, sassy, I guess. I just like this image a lot.
* Try. There are some things that I want to do that scare me. But all I have to do is try. I have to take that first step and see what happens next. It all starts there.
* Sundress. I love me some polka dots. And I want to wear a cute sundress one day! People who know me know that I do not wear dresses, so this would seem out of place for me. But there's something simple and lovely and feminine about a sundress, and those aren't words I would use to describe myself now. I'll get there.
* Body image. I'm trying to be nicer to myself. I hope to get to a point where I don't have to try and it will be natural to think positively about myself.
* Crossfit. Badass. I love it. I want more of it.
* Wonder Woman. My muse.
To sum it all up, what I want from this challenge is to take steps toward becoming stronger, and it's all up to me to do it!