The new Peak313 "Healthy Living God's Way" 8 week challenge starts this Sunday March 10th and go through June 1st (Just in time for summer!) We had a fun time with our last 8 week challenge, so we've decided to do it again! We are focusing on spiritual growth as well as physical growth.
Here are the "rules":
1. Read at least 2 chapters in the Bible daily. Do some form of journaling at least 2 times a week from what you have read. This can be as simple or elaborate as you wish or have time for. I will be using the "SOAP" method (scripture, observation, application, prayer) but you can use anything you want. Maybe you chose to jot a few notes directly into your Bible in the margin? It's up to you, ask God what He has planned for you!
2. Workout at least 4 times a week for at least 20 minutes each time.
3. Read at least 1 non-fiction book a month (or listen to a book on tape/CD if that works better for you!) These should be books that will help you to reach a goal (spiritually, physically, mentally, etc). Ex: book on dieting, budgeting, organization, marriage, raising children, Bible study, etc.
4. Track what you eat (either through Sparkpeople, a phone app, or on paper- whatever works for you!) Tracking keeps us accountable and helps control "mindless eating."
5. Post a blog weekly about how you are growing spiritually or physically. Is God challenging you to do something new? Were you able to accomplish a new milestone that you didn't think you could before (ex: running a mile, doing a full push-up, etc).
6. Make a sparkpage if you don't already have one. This is huge for accountability (as well as fun!)
7. Reply on the weekly check-in post on the Peak313 Healthy Living God's Way sparkteam!
At the end of the challenge, I will choose a winner. The winner will get a small prize, but EVERYONE will get the prize of better health and a closer relationship to God!