Tuesday, March 05, 2013
I’m pretty happy with my progress in February. Actually, I am happy there WAS progress in February, unlike the month before when I pretty much lost my mind, stopped working out and ate everything in sight!
But I think I can do better and make more progress… Just a little more discipline and I could be back my favorite dress by the end of April! But it’s not my only motivation. Yes, I want to look good, but I want to feel better too. I want to be light on my feet again, and I want to feel like I am in control of myself rather than out of control, like I do when I eat too much and can’t seem to get to the gym.
So, here are my goals for March:
1. Blog twice a week to track progress and monitor stress in my life. Last month I blogged for the first couple weeks and then dropped off, since I felt like things were going ok. Well, I may not have been stressed out, but I went over my calories 4 times during that time, so I think the blogging helps me. (and if you are reading this, thank you! I feel like it’s pretty boring and I wish I was entertaining and funny like some of our friends… but I get kinda focused on the task at hand and so there you are…Maybe I will make adding humor a future goal!)
2. Eat between 1250 and 1550 calories a day for 6 out of 7 days a week. Drinks only once a week, and not more than two on any given night. That’s the hard part, stopping at two (am I telling you too much about myself?), but I know from experience that third one really doesn’t make me any happier! Also, I’m aiming to increase protein and decrease carbs and fats, going for a 40/30/30 ratio of carbs/protein/fats. I was pretty good about it last month and even though I didn’t report day by day last month, I checked weekly and I was pleased that I was able to make the change.
3. Cardio at least 3 days a week for now. That should burn about 1200 calories, and I decided to track only cardio on the fitness page, so I can track it separately from strength training. Loving my running! I feel sooooo lucky to be back to it again, so I am trying to get back to it slowly and make sure I don’t hurt myself again. I’m going to ride my bike some if it gets warmer, too.
4. Strength training twice a week and yoga at least once week. I am tracking them together because there is no separate way to track without mixing them in with the cardio. Maybe I should just make a big chart and hang it on the wall. I am going to commit to doing the New Rules of Lifting for Women twice a week, even though I’m a little worried about the time commitment... But if I do all that, I should be able to burn 500-600 calories a week which brings my total weekly calorie burn to 1800. That’s where I like to be.
5. Weigh myself and take measurements every week. Looking for more progress! Beginning at 153.8
I also have a couple non-weight goals:
A. Do a budget for the year and stick to it!
B. And keep on painting on my own after my painting class is over.
Thanks for helping me stay on track…just by being here and having friends to bounce off of helps so much. Keep on sparking!