I spent four whole days worrying about something that I had no control over. I prayed, I cried, I fretted and stewed. I made some assumptions that turned out to be incorrect, too.
Did it doing me any good?
Not one bit. However, it caused me a lot of stress, which we all know isn't good for us.
Thankfully I didn't do a lot of stress eating, but the damage was done in other areas.
I need to work harder to find ways to combat worry and stress in my life and, as the Serenity Prayer says, "accept the things I cannot change". I know I can do this, but it is going to take time and effort.
The Serenity Prayer also talks about having the courage to change the things I can. This is something that I'm learning to do through SparkPeople and some other things that I've been doing.
I'm stepping out in courage and faith to:
1. Lose weight and get fit.
2. Learn some new skills (crocheting and polymer clay).
3. Read the Bible through from cover to cover.
4. Get fit enough to do a 10K at the end of May.
5. Look good for my wedding day (also in May).
6. Learn to love myself more and accept myself the way I am while trying to make changes that will improve my life and relationships.
Life is good. I shouldn't spend so much time worrying!