So I find myself once again in a situation where I plan, plan, plan and yet....Things tend to go in a different direction than my plans. After this happens enough I begin to get a little weary of it and give up. It's really a shame too since I have such grand plans.
Once a friend told me that you can only eat an elephant one bite at a time. This is the best advice there is, but it seems like for every little bite I take, I am losing ground. One bite at a time but maybe I need to take bigger bites.
I sat down tonight and started thinking about the goals I have and what steps I want to take to get to those goals.
First of all, I want to lose weight. I know that my goal should be that I should be healthier and YES, I do want to be healthier but getting the weight back off my joints is a very important part of my goal. I see both things going together. So my goal is to lose weight and become healthier.
How am I going to get there?
- Eat smaller portions. Do a check on myself to make sure my portions are correct.
- Record what I eat 80% of the time and work towards 90% of the time by June 1st.
- Walk 10,000 steps a day
- Integrate other exercises into my daily schedule by May 1st including dance, weights and yoga poses.
Reduce, Reuse and Recycle
- Sell or give away anything not used or needed.
- Reduce amount of personal property using above means.
- Reduce amount of family property in the same manner.
- Make home cooked meals 5 days a week for supper.
These are the goals I plan on working on immediately. I also plan on charting my progress in this blog for my own record to reflect on.
Moving on past these goals I will be adding goals in the future but my object is to try and tackle them one at a time until they become a part of my daily life and existence.
Do I think I will be perfect on the road I have chosen? No I don't but I do believe I can do better than I have been and take each day as it comes. Building one success on top of the other. It is the time in my life when I need to take control and stop feeling "less than".
My apologies that this blog is all about me but I have to keep the focus on me in order to heal me.