So absolutely, undoubtedly, I am much stronger and more able to manage my nutrition with proper sleep. Or at least some sleep at all. I had a really brutal night with Bug last night (he's sick) and so I've had my third over goal day in a row. I craved sweet all day (I know it was because my body was searching for energy. I should have had more fruit and water..) and definitely caved and had a second piece of peanut butter pie. If I hadn't I still would have been over goal, but only by 50 or 100 calories. As it is I'm sitting at 2300. I'm not happy about it.
I had such a GREAT February and I mean to repeat it in March. I gave it some thought tonight after tearing myself away from the pan of pie (and putting the rest in the freezer) and here are the things I did in February that REALLY helped me and that I can put back into action RIGHT NOW:
1) I blogged every single day. Sometimes just a quick update, sometimes a big long topic, but I wrote every day. I posted my struggles and my successes, what I ate for the day and a picture of my final calorie totals from Spark.
2) I pre logged all of my food so that I knew what my game plan was. I didn't leave my meal plan up to my cravings of the day - I planed and calculated all of my menu the night before so that what I was eating was not the focus of my day nor was it up to chance and stress.
3) I drank a TON of water. Like, 12 or more cups per day.
4) I was in bed for as close to 9:30 as possible nightly.
5) I spat things out if I wasn't supposed to be eating them. I remembered that half of a bite here and 1/3 of a muffin there added up quickly and mid bite spat them out when that thought hit me. It was sort of a 'what am I doing?!!?' moment when it happened, then I stopped myself mid bite and went on my on track way.
6) I was nice to myself and congratulated myself for doing things right instead of focussing on all of the things that were going wrong.
7) I posted every meal and snack in picture form on a clean eating facebook group that I'd made for accountability.
So starting RIGHT stinkin now I'm doing all of that again. Because my bridesmaids dress is not going to get any bigger just because I was tired and wanted more pie.
Here are my totals for today:
I WILL be 228 by the end of March. That's an 8 pound loss. It WILL happen.