Monday, March 04, 2013
What are you doing to encourage yourself and keep on track?
My new habit is that I am trying to be more positive. This has been a real challenge during the last few days. All the stuff I did during the last week seems to be undone! And now it needs to be re-done. I find this frustrating and time-consuming. Grrrr....
I admit that on Saturday and Sunday I was not very positive. In fact, I was downright cranky. Kids did the right thing by staying far away from me and giving me a wide path. Husband, not so much.
I am having a hard time sorting through the last few days to find something positive, but here goes:
* Local library cleared up DD's alledged fines after our second request.
* My Chicago Blackhawks won another game, building their record-breaking team streak.
* I am eating within calorie range so far today, and it looks like I'll be able to enjoy a treat or two at DS' Boy Scout Court of Honor tonight.
* DS is getting rank advancement tonight and is a fine young man
* I have not yet taken my emergency chocolate out of the freezer. Some days chocolate is pharmaceutical for me. I think I will go satisfy my craving with a cup of hot chocolate made with skim milk. A banana sounds good too.
For now, this blog and focusing on small, positive things have helped me stay on track. I keep a list on my fridge where I record daily something positive. Time to go fill in the list with today's entry.