Monday, March 04, 2013
I read this yesterday, and wanted to share it with all of you, because I could relate.
To me, maturity means:
- Knowing myself.
- Asking for help when I need it and acting on my own when I don't.
- Admitting when I'm wrong and making amends.
- Accepting love from others, even if I'm having a tough time loving myself
- Recognizing that I always have choices, and taking responsibility for the ones I make.
- Seeing that life is a blessing.
- Having an opinion without insisting that others share it.
- Forgiving myself and others
- Recognizing my shortcomiings and my strengths.
- Having the courage to live one day at a time.
- Acknowledging that my needs are my responsibility.
- Caring for people without having to take care of them.
- Accepting that I'll never be finished - I'll always be a work-in-progress
So, what do you think?